Who are we?
We are an all volunteer group of local residents that acts as catalyst in partnership with local communities to promote, fund, engineer, construct, maintain, encourage use, and sustain the Blue Star Trail.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to promote, construct and sustain the Blue Star Trail to connect people and communities while improving their safety, wellness, economic health, and environment.
What is the Blue Star Trail?
The Blue Star Trail will be a paved, multi-use, non-motorized trail between Saugatuck and South Haven with connections North to Holland, East to Kalamazoo, South to Van Buren State Park, and multiple cross trails to towns, attractions, beaches and workplaces.
Our goals are:
- Connectivity: Connecting people and communities from Saugatuck to South Haven and beyond
- Safety: Separate pedestrians, runners, bikers, and skiers from roadways
- Health and wellness: Encourage physical outdoor activity and recreation
- Economic health: Increase visitor and resident traffic to businesses and attractions along the route
- Environment: Improved air quality due to zero emission transportation and recreation
- Tell the story of the West Michigan Pike next to historical sites along the trail